Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement,educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering. Watch DOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
During the day,Watch DOGS may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well. Many school principals have reported that the mere presence of a Watch DOG dramatically reduces reports of bullying. On the day of their participation, Watch DOGS are given a brief review of their involvement and they wear an official WATCH D.O.G.S. t-shirt and an official visitors sticker identifying them as a safe and important guest!
Missed the Launch? Need more info?
During our big launch event, hundreds of fathers, uncles, grandpas, and other father-figures committed to volunteer at CT for at least one day this school year. Our master D.O.G.S. Days Calendar was rolled out on the stage,and each dad placed a sticker on the day(s) he would come and be a CT Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer. If you were unable to attend the launch event, but would still like to volunteer, that’s terrific! Below are some links that will help!
Step One: Get Registered!
Every Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer needs to register. Please email Evan Dargen at firstname.lastname@example.org to get registered. Please include your name, your children’s names and their teachers names.
Step Two: Select a few options for dates to volunteer!
Most Watch D.O.G.S. like to volunteer on a day when their child’s teacher has signed up to “host.” Click the adjacent link to help you determine what day you may want to come!
Calendar Coming Soon!
Step Three: Check the calendar for open days!
Check out the D.O.G.S. Days Calendar to see what days are still in need of a volunteer, particularly in the spring months. We prefer to have one or two volunteers for each day.
Link to D.O.G.S. Days Calendar
Step Four: Email your date to the Watch DOGS team!
· Send an email with your name, the date you would like to volunteer, and the name(s) of your child(ren) to the adjacent email address. We’ll get you added to the D.O.G.S. Days Calendar!
· Still have questions? No problem. Click on the adjacent link to email a Top D.O.G.S. Team member for more information!
Step Five: Get ready for a fantastic day as a Hero!
· Check out links to our Watch D.O.G.S. guidelines and a sample schedule, which will be customized to include opportunities to spend time with your children throughout the day!
· Also, be sure to have your driver’s license with you for our Lobby Guard security screening.
· We look forward to greeting you at 8:15 that day!
We are thrilled by the enthusiasm our dads have for actively supporting education!
THANK YOU for your interest in serving our school as a Watch D.O.G.S. volunteer! YOU ARE OUR HEROES!